Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Amber Michael

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Why I dislike the Bookstore: Customer Service

Wow. I LOVE the Bookstore on our campus. I really LOVE them. I LOVE them so much, I can't stand it.
What really gets me is that I was treated so well by a fellow student worker. You know, normally I don't whine too much about student workers. It would be pointless, as I am a student worker myself. But this person takes the cake. I am not even going to name this person's name as that might give him some fame. He knows who he is.
And he messed with the wrong person. Which he found out when I didn't back down from his "Um, I don't think we have your book. Come back tomorrow"- he really didn't appreciate it.
Let me backtrack and start at the beginning of my story: I was purchasing a paper packet for a German course I am taking. I was in the bookstore last Friday and they were out. That's fine- I got a raincheck (i.e. I paid for the packet and was told to come back to pick it up on Monday). I came yesterday after 4PM, like I was told and was rudely told off by some punk worker who thought I was going to take his crap. Sorry- you messed with the wrong student. After I asked for the manager, he began to talk trash about me to his co-worker. I was talking to another student with a book problem when I looked over to see him gesturing towards me and heard him saying that I was upset and going crazy. A little tip for the future- if you are going to talk trash about someone, either wait until they leave or don't talk so loud that they can hear you.
So this guy takes me to the back, where two managers were working on computers. He tells them that I am looking for this paper packet and that it hasn't come in. Well, these two gals know that the people in Clicks Copy in the Tivoli (who are awesome, by the way) finished all of the printing that they were given- my packet was missing somewhere in the bookstore. Great.
One of the managers kept grilling this worker about where my packet was until they both got up and went back to the Customer Service desk (Ha- what customer service?) to locate my packet. Lo and behold, that kid found my packet. Then he had the nerve to tell me that he was sorry. HA! No, you weren't sorry. You were sorry that you looked like an idiot in front of your boss because you weren't doing your job and your customer service was horrible.
Which is why I dislike the Bookstore.