Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Amber Michael

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Welcome back, many thanks, and some minor updates

Sorry it has been a week since my last post. I was on vacation and then.... school started!!! Yippee!!!
Ok- timeout: why am I so excited for classes to begin? Well, I'll tell you- this is my last semester as an undergrad!! In just a couple of months, I will have received my diploma from Metro and will enter into the next phase of my life, one without classes, books, and tuition.
But until then, I am still here.
Which is a great lead into my next topic of discussion for my blog this cloudy afternoon: I want to first say thank you to everyone who has read the blogs (Jack's, Mary's and mine) this summer. I will be returning the fall (right now, actually), so you can continue to read more (please, please, please).
I wanted to give thanks to the staff at Metro for organizing the Welcome Back tables the first of this week. It gave me a chance to get into character and help the newer students get around their first couple of days. Thanks to Kim, Michelle, Laura, Brandi and Bonnie especially- you guys are very special to me and my "other personality" and thanks for letting "us" be apart of the festivities.
I want to give a couple of dates to everyone:
*The week of September 11th-16th, Metro will be holding cheerleader AND mascot tryouts. That's right- think you have school spirit and athletic ability and you want to tryout? Look for more information in the Events Center/PE Building as the date gets closer. Or check back here for details.

*September 16th- Metro is hosting a Mascot Night at the Volleyball game. Rowdy will be joined by some of his friends around the state of Colorado. Game starts at 7PM- bring your kids early as the mascots will be signing autographs and taking pictures.

Well, I have an event to attend: Rockies Rookies Fest. More on that later. Enjoy your weekend!