Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Amber Michael

Saturday, November 18, 2006

"It's a great day to be a Roadrunner!"


A cheer to the players on the Women's Soccer team that just won the NCAA Division II National Championship title (again). I'm so happy to be a Roadrunner today. This is fantastic for our ladies, who have worked their tails off trying to get back to that stage.
Not that I have any experience on the national stage (besides mascot-ing for the athletes on the floor) but I bet it is like winning the lottery- you can't believe it but it actually happened. First, to get to that national stage- that takes hard work! Then to continue into the post-season and go on to not only play in the National Championship game BUT to win it as well.
I hope those women understand what they are doing, that they are a part of history in an up & coming college. I hope that they could hear our cheers from so far away. I watched the game on my computer (in-between cleaning my house), I teared up watching the girls take the field after the game-winning goal by Kira Sharp. This is my team, this is my school and they have done something that other schools dream about.

I just want to tell you all how proud I am today. Congratulations on your win. Like Dr. J says on our radio ads: "It's a great day to be a Roadrunner."

I couldn't agree more.