Metro State home > About Metro State > Metro Blogs > Amber Michael

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Couch Potato

Ever just sit on your couch? I mean, all day long, watching television shows that seem to drain the intelligence right from your mind?

I just went through this experience. Work has been pretty strenuous lately, therefore this three day weekend worked wonders for me. I slept more than when I was a baby (if you can imagine that), I ate crappy junk food (Thank you for delivery, Pizza Hut!) and I watched both seasons of 'Chappelle's Show', tearing up a little when I watched Dave's last episode.

So why be such a lazy bum?

You know, I had plans this weekend. I wanted to go watch a movie (nothing in particular), I toyed with the idea of taking my little sister swimming, I even pondered the idea of catching up with a few of my forgotten (their words, not mine) friends. But alas, I did not.

Now, I'm sitting here, wishing that I had reached out to my family and friends this past weekend, like I usually do. I usually am the one who calls friends that I haven't talked to in a while and asks to meet for dinner. I'm the one that goes to my dad's house every Sunday to play with my baby sister E while my parents enjoy some free time.

But I didn't this weekend. And now I feel a little guilty like I should have done something more productive with this three-day weekend.

Guess there is always 4th of July.